home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

Our big news over the past month!

We have had quite the busy past month! First we had our anniversary which was wonderful! It's amazing to think back on our first year and see how fast it has flown by! It has been full of so much adventure and love! I am so very grateful for Kaulana and all he does for me! I never thought i could love him more than when we got married but my love has definitely grown a million fold this year as we have grown together and learned so much about each other!! Our anniversary day wasn't quite what we had planned but it was worth it. My brother and his girlfriend Dallen came down and we all went to phx with my mom and met up with my sister! We had so much fun! Kaulana and I spent the day on mill avenue searching through all the shops! I had pizza, ice cream, and i got to go out to dinner at olive garden. I was quite sick the next day from all the tomatoes but it was well worth it to have a stress free day with my sweetheart! I love him and i can't imagine how much our love will grow as we spend our lives together!
Next, we put up our christmas tree for the first time! We looked again this year and could not find a star that would suit our desires so we decided to wait to buy one yet again! And my mom has not gotten around to making our tree skirt so our tree looks a bit incomplete but as the years go by I am sure it will develop just as we imagine! I am so thanksful for this christmas season and the joy that it brings! I actually started listening to christmas music before halloween! One evening as i was driving to class i was listening to the josh groban christmas cd to the little drummer boy song and i actually started crying haha. I started laughing immediately once i realized and I called kaulana and we laughed together because this was another sure sign of my pregnancy! Oh what we do for our children! haha.
Kaulana and I had the opportunity to go to our little flagstaff Nutcracker performance and Audrey Auditorium. It was so much fun and quite a wonderful surprise from my sweetheart! Oh how I love how he spoils me!!!
Most importantly we found out WE'RE HAVING A BOY (as you can see his little legs and bum and right smack dab in the middle is EVERYTHING!)!!! The Doc said we could take a peak if we would like before our actual ultra sound appt with the technician that will take all the measurements. Little Kalamaku Clay akina was sure stubborn, he is already face down and stayed real still. My doc, bless her heart, was persistent for us and kept up the search. First we saw what MIGHT be his little parts but we wanted to be sure so she kept on the search and sure enough she found ALL OF THE PARTS! She laughed as she took a picture and said "ya know, i usually tell ppl to save all their receipts, but i definitely don't think that you need to!" She laughed and told us of having the same experience with her little boy! The look on kaulana's face when she said it was a boy was PRICELESS! I have never seen him so happy. He was so convinced it was a boy along with the majority of our friends! Sorry mom and lissa! Next time maybe i'll have a baby girl!!! My brother was absolutely extatic (as you can see we are naming our little one after him) he even yelled! We are so excited and can't wait to meet our little boy soon. I'm sure he is going to be just as stubborn as his mother since he loves to move around everytime I try to rest!!! Well next month we'll have better ultra sound pictures and we'll keep you up to date on our little man!

4 comments:

Casey&Mal said...

Very cute! I love those little ultrasound pics! Congrats on having a BOY! They're SO much fun and you're going to be such a sweet momma!

Hana said...

Stubborn just like his Grandpa Akina for sure.

April Jirsa said...

Welcome to motherhood!!!! i'm so excited for the both of you. Your mom just let me now your due date and I happen to be due four days latter...with a little lady. Maybe if we time it right we could be neighbors in the hospital :) Wishing you the best prego brewing possible.

Josie Allen said...

so glad I finally checked out your bog. Wishing you a happy new year!

Post a Comment