home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

snow... snow... AND MORE SNOW!












It has definitely been a crazy week! Kaulana started it off cutting lots and lots of wood for our fireplace so that we could make sure and keep warm during the storm, turns out we spent the whole week at my mom's house and didn't even use ANY of the wood! But I sure do appreciate my little lumberjack! We got sooo much snow to say the least! Working at the school district, it seemed like I had yet another christmas vacation! I did not leave the house for four days! by friday Kaulana was practically kicking me out of the house because I was being a little crazy! He said I needed to take a walk and breathe fresh air to become sane again! haha so i did and it was very beautiful, as long as we were not driving in it! My sweet mom and step dad were so wonderful for having us over for the entire week, and they sure appreciated all of Kaulana's help shoveling the driveway at their house each day! I guess we both got a bonus out of it! For church on sunday we had to leave early sunday morning from my mom's house and shovel a path up to our garage so that we could get all of our church clothes and things! Thank heavens for snow shovels! Kaulana i'm sure would love if he did not have to see another snow shovel considering the fact that he shoveled all week long and then took a job on saturday shoveling the snow off of the roof of Home Depot. We were sure blessed he was asked about that job though considering all the work we missed last week. It's amazing all the little things the lord does for each and every one of us! Kaulana also got to go hunting with my step dad this past week! I think they were hunting for coyote's or something but they did not end up seeing any but Kaulana got to shoot this poor little rabbit. My step dad is not stepping on the poor thing he is just covering up its guts considering kaulana shot it with a pretty powerful gun! My mom was sad that he didn't bring it home for dinner! YUCK! I guess she's had rabbit and says it tastes wonderful. I told her that i don't think that, that was something i would enjoy trying while being pregnant! Sunday afternoon we finally took down our christmas tree! woo hoo! Everytime that i have previously tried to take down the christmas stuff my sweet husband would quote the song from forgotten carols saying "i cry everytime i take the tree down". haha so this time i didn't ask and while he was shoveling the driveway i took it into my own hands to take down our pretty tree! Kaulana took down the actual tree part and was practicing his "flagstaffness" and was trying to be a "tree hugger" haha. We were both laughing pretty hard when he was doing this. I am so grateful for a husband that makes me laugh each and every day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment