home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

The sweet spirit of the Lord...

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend my mom's stake conference. Elder Russell M. Nelson (of the quorum of the twelve apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) presided over the conference! My mom had the opportunity to serve him dinner before the adult meetings. I had NO IDEA he was coming out I was just going to find my mom and THERE HE WAS! He stopped and grabbed Kala's hand and just shook it and told me how cute he was. I have never been at such a loss for words. And then hearing him speak that evening along with Elder Cook of the seventy. Wow you cannot hear these men speak without KNOWING that they are men of God and that we belong to his Church here upon the earth. That night I just felt as if I wanted to cry. I couldn't figure out why until the next day my mom and I were talking to Sister Frost and SHE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE. He was just so filled with the spirit. It was amazing. Becca (the Frost's daughter) told how at dinner he didn't even want to eat an extra roll because he knew that he needed a clear mind for the rest of the evening (for those of you who don't know, he was speaking of the word of wisdom and rolls have yeast!). I came out with so much from the conference, including the saying "Look Up!" meaning to look to heavenly father instead of looking down about how overwhelmed we are or all the things that we are struggling with! I came out with an even greater desire to become better each and every day! I am so grateful for the spirit of the Lord and for the influence that it has in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment