home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

practicing to be perfect


Yesterday evening after dinner at my aunt and uncles house, we got to have family home evening with them. We talked about Christ's atonement for us and what he died for. He didn't just die for one or two of my mistakes, not even just 95% of my mistakes, he died for %100 of my pain and suffering, for %100 of my mistakes. He doesn't require us to be perfect in return, he requires that we try our very hardest. So in a sense we are "practicing to be perfect". I know it's not going to happen over night, and the Lord knows I sure wish it could. Some times, particularly as an LDS woman, we feel as if perfection is required. But it's not, and we have to remember that. It's been kind of strange for me the past few years as I have made new friends and gained new family, how many people have categorized me as a "molly mormon" persay. It's funny, because the "molly mormon" to me is perfect, and I am far from perfection. Sometimes I feel defensive about it, because there's so much more to me. But as I was pondering this "practicing to be perfect" concept, I realized it's just fine, because I am seeking to reach perfection. When I return to my heavenly father one day, I want to be able to say that I sought to make changes in my life to become as he would have me be. I looked at my two tired boys on sunday when we got home, and I am grateful for this opportunity to be able to try, try and try again because my Heavenly Father knows I'm not perfect, but I am practicing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment