home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

the way I live


So my husband has had a passing saying throughout the summer. "Live like no one else so that you can live like no one else" from Dave Ramsy, the guy that everyone is obsessed with about getting themselves out of debt and everything. But today I was thinking of that saying, just a bit differently. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, often times I am asked, or told in a sense that my church restricts me so I can't live freely. But truthfully, I don't feel that way at all. For one, I have the free agency to choose to live those things, and secondly, I WANT to "live like no one else so that I can live like no one else". In living this way, I am not tied down by addictions, nor do they tear apart my family. Each day is a challenge placed with so many blessings as I follow the commandments that the Lord has given me. As I follow the Lords teachings, I get to experience the greatest freedom anyone could feel. Each morning when I wake up, I have a choice to make, how am I going to live my day. Some days I just want to lay in bed and watch movies all day. But those are always the days I feel the crumiest at the end. When I choose to be proactive, play fun games with my sweet little boy, even clean up after myself immediately, I feel incredible, motivated, satisfied. I want to live like no one else so that I can live like no one else. I am not quite sure if I am making any sense... but here it is!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Beautifully said. Also, we love Dave Ramsey.

Post a Comment