home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

This Weeks Craving

I seriously cannot get enough HONEY! I have not had any major cravings my entire pregnancy. Nothing I really leaned towards. In general I like sugar. I do. Anyone who knows me well, knows I come with a bag of snacks. Well with my new discovery of my celiacs disease, I have had to limit that sugar intake, because my body just can't seem to digest it very well (sugar is very hard to digest, must not be very good for you, shocker right? I should get the biggest discovery award haha). Well I went on a little sugar kick last week and had to have some every day. At least I thought I did. Well my brain wanted to have the hugest melt down ever and my body just did not FEEL GOOD AT ALL, along with my acid reflux starting to kick in to high gear with this pregnancy (I am not complaining at all, I had acid reflux the entire time with kala!). With all these things, I decided I probably should cut my intake of sugar. Meaning I needed to stop making cookies, eating chocolate that everyone seems to love to give me, and finding random candy that I always seem to have around the house. 
So it leads me to monday at the grocery store I found some gluten free Oh's cereal. I was THRILLED to say the least, I have been craving cheerios, probably only because I can't eat them. (I haven't been able to eat cereal in general except this one called Sunrise by Nature's Path it is delicious! It's all organic, maybe that's why my body is ok with it, my body likes expensive food I guess). So I drizzled a bit of honey on my bowl of cheerios and OH MY GOODNESS, it was as if angels were singing. I could have eaten three bowls. That night I made a honey lime grilled chicken. Talk about yum, I'm adding this to my list of items to cook LOTS. And I cannot wait to make to make this spicy honey chicken I found on a blog I follow.  It's on the menu for thursday. Needless to say i have had honey drizzled cheerios every day this week. Honey has become my new best friend. I am so glad we got this 6 lb container from costco. I LOVE HONEY. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment