home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

The Adventures in the Afternoon of a Young Mother...

So the day started off just fine, like any other day in the life of a mom! Afternoon struck and something sure was trying to get me down, but I didn't give in...

It went a bit like this...

I was folding all five loads of laundery while Kalamaku was runnin' around me when all of a sunday he starts SCREAMING! At first I went to comfort him thinking he probably just bumped his head and I didn't want to be the over bearing first time mother when ALL OF SUDDEN... BLOOD... I was like "ah! unexpected!" So I picked him up and rushed over to the sink to grab some paper towels. His poor mouth was just bleeding bleeding, as I tried to calm my sweet boy down I just kept praying that he didn't knock out his teeth or that it wasn't anything permanent. Sure enough it was just the little part where his lip connects to his gums... anatomy was too long ago I don't remember what it's called but the poor boy was just so upset. So I CALMLY took care of it, and I didn't even call Kaulana and disturb him while he was working so so hard. I was sooo proud of myself!
So then I got him calmed down enough after holding him for about an hour that I sat him down to watch a movie while I start dinner. This carpet guy was supposed to come sometime in the early afternoon and it was already five so I decided it would be ok to start dinner instead of picking up Kala's disaster toy mess! Sure enough fifteen minutes into me starting dinner... "knock knock knock..." Uh are you KIDDING! haha so i hurrry and let the guy in clean up real quick and move kala into his high chair in the kitchen. I start again on dinner while the guy works and "just keep swimming" when I realize "oh man I forgot to start the oven. So I did and I continue to make dinner as I say goodbye to the nice man spraying our carpet! When all of a sudden I smell something weird! I brush it off and keep making my meat loaf... then I just couldn't stand it anymore and I start looking around... when finally i look in the oven and BUM BUM BUM...
I had thought that my sweet brother had put his plastic plate, hawaiian pancake, fork and all in the oven while he went somewhere, wanting to keep it warm, and not knowing his wife made him another on a DIFFERENT plate! So I had cooked this cute plate... the smithereens! mmm yum! (Kaulana asked if the pancake still tasted good haha). I just laughed and delayed dinner and I spent the next hour cleaning my dear sweet oven and I gave my dear sweet brother I little kick in the bum. Everyone had quite the laugh when they got home. But boy was I happy to eat dinner and GO TO SLEEP. I love my life, adventures and all! And I only have one!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE THAT YOU BLOGGED!! kala is adorable and I am so glad he wasn't seriously hurt. I love reading your thoughts. You should blog more often. :) Also, I miss you. When do you come back to AZ?

Post a Comment