home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

Conquering His Fears, one slide at a time...

Excuse the poor picture quality I only had my phone to capture this momentous occasion, but oh man I am so proud of my little man. So back in either september or october, we were at play group and kala went down the slide, popped off and knocked his head right back on the slide. Needless to say, he has HATED the slide since then. Talk about terrified, he would just freak out any time I tried to get him to go on the slide, even if I was with him. The other day I was at the park with my good friend Melissa and her daughter, while we were sitting talking the kids were playing and ALL OF A SUDDEN i see Kala turn his little booty around and go down the slide! Now it was the small slide but, HE DID IT! I was just in complete amazement. Sure enough I was that mom just cheering away for him, so he did at least five more times. Yet, he still did not have the courage to go on the big slide, I figured don't push it he'll get there. That same day he kept climbing half way up the big slide (pictures below) and then sliding down but was too hesitant to start from the top. Yesterday it was actually nice in the afternoon so we went on a little walk and went to the park. This little man out of no where asked me to come to the top of the big slide with him to help him sit down (I'm sure just to calm his fears) and HE DID IT! Man I'm such a proud momma. This little man has been scared for months of slides and HE DID IT! I am just so proud that he is learning to conquer his fears. Good job buddy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment