home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

Easters

We had such a fun Easter this year. We woke up, went to church (I have to admit I did end up crying while giving my lesson to my 5 year old primary class, needless to say, they were too hopped up on candy to notice), came home and got lunch ready while kala took an hour nap (yay no meetings for Kaulana since it was Easter), then headed to the Shirley's. We had a delicious ham, I mean DELICIOUS! Kala even sat and ate, and I tell you this kid will never sit and eat at other peoples houses. And a KILLER jello salad, and I am not one of those Jello mormons. Sorry I HATE things in my jello, but my goodness this was heaven in a bowl... I had three :) . Then we decorated easter eggs, Kala got bored and decided he wanted to eat an apple in the middle since he just ate a few bites of ham (which like I said I was impressed that he even did that), hence the eating pictures, he was quite content. Mom Shirley was definitely the winner with the coolest egg, she is a master rainbow egg maker, my goodness it was sooo cool! I never thought egg dying could be made into such an art! We sure had fun! Then we had an Easter egg hunt. Kala had SOOO much fun. He finally caught on to not stopping with each egg since he would see more and he and Tyson were the only two that were really running around finding eggs so I think it was a little less distracting than the other two egg hunts we participated in. He will be a skilled professoinal for next years hunts that for sure, three egg hunts in one weekend, i think that is some kind of record. We had so much fun with the Shirley's and are so grateful for their love. Beware picture overload. We also took a could family ones, but those are on a different camera so I'll have to include those on a different occasion!
daddy helping Kala color his very first Easter egg

Brianne and Tyson making a green egg masterpiece

Kirsten shading her pretty turqoise egg

Heather being beautiful... and coloring her egg

Kala endulging in an apple

so content

Kaulana getting in on a little egg dying himself

let the hunt begin


daddy helping out
Well we sure had a fun Easter weekend. But besides all the festivities I have been overcome with gratitude (as seen in my lesson) for my savior. I know that he died for each and every one of us, this perfect man, but even if it was just for me, he still would have done it. I honestly don't know where I would be in my life without my savior. I don't know how I would get up each day and raise a family without knowing my savior is always there for me. I am just so grateful for the atonement and that my Savior understands me individually. Some days when I feel as if I'm alone or I have no one to talk to, I KNOW that I'm not alone, because my Savior is always there beside me, carrying me when need be. I KNOW that he has felt everything I feel, even though sometimes i want to be stubborn and pretend I'm alone and say poor me, i know that isn't the case. I am just so grateful for his sacrifice and the light he brings to my life.

3 comments:

Karen said...

You guys are such a cute and beautiful family. I wish you would post some baby bump photos...you are the most perfect pregnant girl!

Mike, Sydney and Joshuah said...

Awe you almost made me cry!! I miss you monkey!! (Haha I call josh monkey!) I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Easter!!

Akina's said...

Aw thanks Karen... baby bump feels like a mass overtaking my body, so pictures of myself are few and far between at the moment, i try to get Kaulana to get one of me in the morning. And Syd, that's so cute you call him monkey! what a sweetie!

Post a Comment