home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

A New Day

Yesterday was definitely rough, Kala went to bed the night before with a bit of a fever, I gave him tylenol and thought "No big deal right"... WRONG. He woke up at 5 in the morning yesterday with a fever of 103, I called the on-call nurse from his pediatricians, she said just give him tylenol/ibuprofen and call the doctors office first thing, you don't need to worry until his temp hits 105. So he went to bed and woke up at 7:45 with... guess.. A TEMP OF 105. So we hurried, got him dressed again after he started coughing and threw up the milk he had previously (talk about yuck, curdled milk, poor guy). By the time we were leaving the house his temp went down to 103 so we called the Doctors office and headed over for an appointment. Sure enough poor kid has both Influenza A as well as strep. The doctor said it was only a little strep compared to the beaming red line he got with the influenza A. Oh goodness poor kid was not a happy camper, between lots of throw up, lots of laundry, and holding my sweet kiddo all day, I was just... can you say not the brightest ray of sunshine you could encounter... haha. So i decided to head right off to bed last night and that tomorrow would be a new day. Well today is that day and it has been A MILLION times better. Kala woke up a few times last night but I still managed to wake up before he did today, watch a conference talk on how to raise my children, started folding the many loads of laundry and then made WAFFLES for breakfast. While Kala and Kaulana had a little daddy son time I continued to try to clean and organize our mess of a house then decided to make these (without the Kale since I didn't have any) wonderful baked beans for lunch, along with Sylvia's gluten free cornbread, and fresh cut watermelon. I have to say, I am sooo thankful that each day we can start anew and that I can still eat yummy food without all the gluten! As my old assistant principal used to say "Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours". Yesterday may not have been one of my shiney days, but I am bound and determined to make today brighter than yesterday! Happy day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment