home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

My Little Grunter

So Benson is a grunter. For AT LEAST a half hour before he wakes up from a nap, he GRUNTS, and sighs and ... noise, lots of noise. He does not like a gassy tummy, and he thinks he needs to grunt to relieve the gas. My goodness he cracks me up. He is still sleeping in our room, and I have just come to laugh in the middle of the night. Oh Benson. When we have had visitors and he has been in his bouncy chair sleeping, he'll start to grunt and people will look at him. then look at me. like, "uh, are you going to get him." then I proceed to tell them, "yes, he is actually still sleeping. He just grunts." Then he'll stop for a bit and they'll just start laughing. Yes I have a grunter. Oh how I love this little boy.

Well since he will be four weeks tomorrow this is more just for my memory sake, at his two week appointment he was 21 and a half inches long and weighed 8 lbs 6 ounces. So he had already gained a pound and a half since his three day appointment and grown a half of an inch. The doctor was very happy to say the least and said that he should definitely start sleeping five to six hours at night because he is eating so well and gaining weight so well. Well last night he slept 6 hours for the first time. Now if I would have only gone to bed to get a full six hours, that would have been bliss. He is growing too fast. He seems monstrous to me already. More Benson, he LOVES to be warm and HATES to be cold. He also STILL loves to be bounced, cuddled... basically anything with being held. He will almost always fall asleep as soon as you start holding him. and he will almost always wake up as soon as you put him down. Oh the life of a newborn. Benson definitely runs the show around here.

1 comments:

Varney Family said...

We can wait to meet him. he is just precious!

Post a Comment