home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

My Journey

Well as many of you know last November I found out I have celiacs disease, meaning I have to be gluten free. But I also discovered it's not just about gluten, it's about having an overall balance and that I really needed to cut back on my sugar intake because it is really hard to digest. And if you really know me, I LOVE SWEETS of all shapes and sizes! When I was pregnant, my allergy was pretty severe. I could tell with the slighest amount of gluten, too much dairy, and just the smallest amount of sweets really made me sick! Well hallelujah after I had sweet Benson I realized I was sooo much less severe and I really started caving to my sweets addiction. It's been like Satan creepin on me and I had no idea just how sick I was making myself by having a handful (ok ok fistfulls!) of candy everyday. I realized I was just getting so frustrated with Kala every day. My patience was as thick as a strand of hair. I kept thinking it was Kala and I pushed away the thought of sugar being the cause, just because it tastes sooo good and I wasn't feeling physically sick...yet. Well this past week I got really sick. I was just absolutely miserable. I was so emotional. and my body was just breaking down. I went to bed miserable that night, just realizing how silly I had been. Just because I can't feel immediate affects, doesn't mean that it isn't making me sick. So now i've cut back on my sugar, started eating balanced again, and I am actually starting to think clearly again. I am starting to feel like my normal self again. Kala and I have had so many fun days since. It wasn't him... It was me. On our first good day again, we played all morning without any tears, we ate lunch without any tears, and Kala actually asked me to sing him songs before he went down for his nap. It's been a week or so since he's wanted me to sing to him. And as I lie next to him singing he rolled over to face me and placed his hand on my cheek.  Tears rolled down my cheek. It just breaks my heart that I was denying how much I was letting down my family. I am sick. I need to take care of my body, if not for myself, then at least for my family. He was the same Kala, just with a little patience from mommy as I was able to give him the redirection that he needed as he was JUST BEING TWO! Here's to health!

Just a few pictures! Kala was sitting on the counter helping Kaulana and I make breakfast last saturday and he found the BANANAS! haha. He decided to dig right in, he opened the banana from the middle and just dug right in. Needless to say he ate the entire thing! Poor kid was hungry and I hadn't given him breakfast yet! way to take charge buddy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment