home about us thoughts the kitchen beliefs Image Map
[the beginning of our eternity]

Success

this photo cracks me up. Benson always has the most serious, inquisitive faces.
I would deem today an absolute success.

1. Today was Benson's first day at church. What a stud he is! It kills me! I can't believe he is already 6 weeks old as of today! and a MONSTER! My goodness, carrying his carseat feels like carrying a ton of bricks! My friends baby is a week old and I swear Benson could probably swallow him up! He's just huge.
2. Kala helped make dinner, treats, and do the dishes... Without making a complete disaster! That in itself deems a gold medal in itself! I love that he always tries to be such a good helper.
3. We went on a family walk and took some friends a treat! Rice crispies with peanut butter m&m's! Yum!
4. Dinner turned out SOOOO good. We have fajita's/tacos. It was delicious. I love when I am looking forward to a meal, and then it tops all my expectations. To say the least, dinner was a hit all around.
I used this recipe for my chicken marinade. It is to die for!
5. Kala listened to all of scriptures without having a melt down tonight. Which has RARELY happened since we have been in the new house. With all the changes we have had as of late, moving was the last straw, and he has had a hard time adjusting. I think not having as much mommy and daddy time is starting to take it's toll. (this weeks goal. no unpacking. all about taking care of my three boys.)
6. Benson is now fast asleep, and the kitchen is already clean!

Amen to a wonderful day. Filled with family, friends, food, and a wonderful spirit at church! I am so grateful for the sabbath so we can reconnect as a family on so many levels!  

3 comments:

Varney Family said...

You are an amazing mother and women and wife and I'm so glad you've had a successful day!

Kristin said...

Way to go! Sounds like a fantastic Sunday. Miss you lady. :)

Jamie said...

awww...cute picture!
I think its pretty normal for "meltdowns" at 2! Peter is a pretty easygoing kid, but the first 2 or 3 months after Brooke was born were pretty hard on him. Don't worry! Your little K will adjust! And by the time you have #3, K will be AWESOME and Bensen will be the one struggling with 'change!'.
Oh ya, and your description of 'scripture time' sounds all too familiar. We have meltdowns too!
Im glad you had such a good day. Its days like that when you can really love being a parent!

Post a Comment